Graphical User Interface
- Assign and select menu forms have been enhanced to allow them to remain open for repetitive use with a new apply button.
- DirectX graphics mode has been enhanced to use DirectX 11 for enhanced speed and capabilities.
- 64-bit version of the graphical user interface (GUI) now available.
- New 2-D modified Darwin-Pecknold concrete model has been added to the nonlinear layered shell. This model represents concrete compression, cracking, and shear behavior under both monotonic and cyclic loading, and accounts for crack rotation.
- Semi-rigid option added for diaphragm constraint.
- Modify undeformed geometry feature enhanced to allow applying the modification to a selection of joints, as well as limiting direction of modification.
- Ability to specify accidental eccentricity for response spectrum cases added.
- Automated response spectrum functions according to the Costa Rica Seismic Code 2010, Ecuador (NEC-SE-DS 2015), Korean KBC 2009, Mexico (CFE-93 and CFE-2008), and Peru (NTE E.030 2014) codes added.
- Auto-seismic loading according to Korean Building Code (KBC 2009) added
- Auto-seismic loading according to the Dominican Republic (R-001) code added
- A new stability check has been added for nonlinear static load cases to report when the structure may have failed under material or geometric nonlinearities that are not obvious from the analysis results.
- The handling of convergence tolerances for time-dependent behavior during staged-construction analysis has been improved to better enforce equilibrium after large load increments.
International Frame Design Codes
- Concrete Frame Design - ACI 318-08, -11, -14 enhancement allows specifying Design System Rho (ρ) and Design System SDS factors in the concrete frame design preferences.
- Steel Frame Design - Eurocode 3-2005 enhancement to perform a basic torsion design for I- and tubular sections.
- Steel & Concrete Frame Design - Korean Building Code (KBC 2009) code added
- Steel Frame Design - Russian SP 16.13330.2011 code added
- The default design load combinations have been enhanced for ACI 318-08, -11, -14 to include roof live load patterns.
- The default design load combinations have been enhanced for CSA A23.3-04, CSA A23.3-14, CSA S16-09, and CSA S16-14 to include companion loads.
Output and Display
- Contour plots are now available for frame deflections and axial stresses.
- The center of mass is now reported in the Assembled Joint Masses table for each mass source.
External Import/ExportOutput and Display
- The export to Revit Structure has been enhanced to export steel sections parametrically such that Revit can import the section dimensions if it cannot match the section name.